Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spanish Standards for Standards-Based Grading

I'm brainstorming standards I want to use when employing standards-based grading.  Here's what I've got so far:

  1. Listening (20%)
    • Words in isolation
      • Draw what you are told
      • Identify the picture that represents what you hear
      • Compare translations from English to Spanish
    • Words in context
      • Identify pictures that illustrate words heard.
      • Translate what you hear.
      • Summarize the meaning.
      • Answer questions based on what you hear.
  2. Reading (20%)
    • Words in isolation
      • Identification of isolated words (match, translate, draw)
    • Words in context
      • Identify pictures that illustrate text.
      • Translate what you read.
      • Summarize the meaning.
      • Read and answer questions
  3. Writing (20%)
    • Rewrite
    • Freewrite
    • Fluency (# of words in 5 minutes)
    • Punctuation
    • Spelling
    • Coherency
    • Write about the picture
  4. Speaking (20%)
    • Tell Box Picture Story
    • Tell 30-second story from a picture
    • Fluency
    • Pronunciation
    • Coherency
    • Detail
  5. Culture (10%)
    • Countries and capitals
      • Match countries and capitals
      • Label a map
    • Cognates
      • Translate cognates
    • Social Observances
      • Questions
    • Cultural Project
  6. Citizenship (10%)
    • Attendance (on time/make up work)
    • Participation (The majority of this grade)
    • Completion of homework (If counted)
I'm going to keep researching different objectives that I could include that would reach my goals as well as go through state standards to both create the standards I think will be best as well as connect all of my standards to a state standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment