The steps for determining letter grades from SBG assessments are as folows:
- Determine scores for each standard.
- Here, I have to decide which scores I am going to count - in my case, I think I will only count the most recent score (which will likely be the one that shows up on my final summative exam).
- Determine average scores for each category.
- Average scores within each standard which I determined I wanted to count from the last step. For example, if I had 4 reading standards and a particular student received the scores of 3, 3, 4, 4, so their reading average will be 3.5.
- Determine overall score from weighted formula.
- In my case, this will be: Listening*2+Reading*2+Writing*2+Speaking*2+Culture(*1)+Citizenship(*1)
- Round this score to the nearest 10.
- The raw scale is biased downward, so the score needs to be rounded.
- Add this score to 50 and you have the final overall grade in a percentage!
- You will only end up with scores that end in 0 (i.e. 90%, 80%, 70%.... etc.), so a letter grade without a +/- is assigned.
No comments:
Post a Comment